Home Forums Movies 2019 Best Actress Predictions and Analysis (Part 2)

2019 Best Actress Predictions and Analysis (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 579 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
9 hours ago
( +7 hidden )
replies
views
users
wattsgold
Luca Giliberti
willd
  • Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

My thinking on Viola is that she’ll be nominated at all the precursors but has very little chance to win anything. I think she could potentially be this year’s Amy Adams because I feel like other performances will probably have more passion and if someone like Aparicio gets nominated, Viola could be who she bumps out.

M: The Original
    Participant
    Topics:

My thinking on Viola is that she’ll be nominated at all the precursors but has very little chance to win anything. I think she could potentially be this year’s Amy Adams because I feel like other performances will probably have more passion and if someone like Aparicio gets nominated, Viola could be who she bumps out.

Certain every Actress nominee will be an English language performance.

Lil Tony
    Participant
    Topics:

Gaga being snubbed for an Actress nod is more than plausible after seeing the performance. Also, when he called her ugly in the bathtub the moment was humorous instead of heartbreaking.

don’t bring jinx to the way of Gaga. She deserves all the praise she’s getting.

FYC Emily Blunt (Mary Poppins Returns) and Lady Gaga (A Star is Born) for best actress

Milo Kunis
    Participant
    Topics:

<p>Gaga being snubbed for an Actress nod is more than plausible after seeing the performance. Also, when he called her ugly in the bathtub the moment was humorous instead of heartbreaking.</p>

While this post is simultaneously humorous and heartbreaking.

Gaga being snubbed is as likely as the Oscars being cancelled.

MarinaBelo2
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t believe Gaga will be “snubbed”. But she could be, specially because her acting is not good. The academy is not obligated to fall for the hype around the movie and specially around her performance. She could be the 6th or 7th most voted. It’s still highly unlikely and we all know why, too much exposure.

MarinaBelo2
    Participant
    Topics:

don’t bring jinx to the way of Gaga. She deserves all the praise she’s getting.

Does she?

sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

Even though I am rooting for Gaga to get nominated and win Best Actress category I wouldn’t have a problem with her being snubbed. That would automatically mean a win in the Original Song category and she’d leave as an Oscar winner and one of the biggest snubs of the season, twice the publicity so win-win situation.

wattsgold
    Participant
    Topics:

Gaga being snubbed for an Actress nod is more than plausible after seeing the performance. Also, when he called her ugly in the bathtub the moment was humorous instead of heartbreaking.

Objectively speaking, her line delivery is awkward and some of her singing moments very strong. There’s nothing wrong with liking the performance, but it’s nuts to treat it as if it were the role of a lifetime. How much was the story about Ally actually reacting to what Coopers character was going through, through Coopers gaze? Like A LOT.

I need news about Nicole. My fix. I want her to be nominated and watch her bizarre clapping.

• This reply was modified 1 week ago by  wattsgold.
    wattsgold
    Participant
    Topics:

Does she?

When you’re so thirsty for praise (or your stans claim you should give praise), people are definitely missing the point. It’s something earned, not begged for. Gaga in ASIB is same level quality to Beyoncé in Dreamgirls, nothing more.

Marcus.H
    Participant
    Topics:

Does she?

Trashing Gaga every day in every thread makes you feel happy, doesn’t it?

DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

<p>When you’re so thirsty for praise (or your stans claim you should give praise), people are definitely missing the point. It’s something earned, not begged for. Gaga in ASIB is same level quality to Beyoncé in Dreamgirls, nothing more.</p>

How is Gaga thirstier than any other actress on the field? All she’s been doing is the press and campaigning that she’s contractually obligated to do.

Whether or not she’s deserving of the Oscar, the fact that she’s even coming up in these conversations at all is a testament to her ability. Most pop star vehicles are BAD, and when this remake was announced, people swore up and down that it was going to be terrible and a Razzie magnet. Instead, it’s critically adored and a likely awards season darling. Why is that?

wattsgold
    Participant
    Topics:

How is Gaga thirstier than any other actress on the field? All she’s been doing is the press and campaigning that she’s contractually obligated to do.

Whether or not she’s deserving of the Oscar, the fact that she’s even coming up in these conversations at all is a testament to her ability. Most pop star vehicles are BAD, and when this remake was announced, people swore up and down that it was going to be terrible and a Razzie magnet. Instead, it’s critically adored and a likely awards season darling. Why is that?

You’re a fan. It’s OK. That’s when words like “adored” tend to appear. I try to be objective, and it is pretty obvious they need to keep a ludicrous level of hype for the ratings the Oscar broadcast needs. I mean, there are even articles of how she “needs to save the Oscars”. Oh, the madness!

I didn’t care about this remake, so the people shaming Cooper and Gaga were always a non-factor to me. The 1954 version remains my favorite. Nevertheless, given how weirdly some people claim ASIB 2018 has reinvented cinema and acting I like to stay on the side of unbiased observation. Media is always paid for a reason. That is the only way I can explain how so much “reality TV” trash is popular in Hollywood

ENGLAND
    Participant
    Topics:

Just read Gaga is going to Drama instead of Comedy/Musical. Is that true?

kobi
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Lady Gaga in a ASIB is a breakthrough role, but there are other actresses more deserving of a nomination than her … further i would say why would she win when better actresses like Barbra, Gaynor and most notably Garland lost for the same part, it’s obvious they played the part better than Lady Gaga

My predictions are

1. Glenn Close: it’s about time (y’all say she was robbed for Fatal Attraction, but have you seen Les Liaisons Dangereuses? being french i love this movie and she was phenomenal in it, so for me she was robbed twice.

2. Lady Gaga: except for ratings i don’t see why they would nominate her, at least we know she won’t go home empty hand

3. Saoirse Ronan: why not a fourth nod.

4.Viola Davis ( we need 5 nominees so why not her)

5. Colman, Stone( I think she should and will go supporting), Kidman, Melissa

MarinaBelo2
    Participant
    Topics:

Trashing Gaga every day in every thread makes you feel happy, doesn’t it?

If trashing her is saying the truth about her, then yes. I love trashing her.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 579 total)

The topic ‘2019 Best Actress Predictions and Analysis (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.