Home Forums Movies Best Actor 2019

Best Actor 2019

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 505 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
24 hours ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
Marcus.H
Andrew D
Luca Giliberti
  • Dan Jo Galicia
    Participant
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>

The buzz has died down unfortunately, that movie came and went. And I feel like the race has gotten a bit more competitive. I think he can definitely get nominated at the Globes though

SAG nomination is possible but Oscars is hard to tell.

AwardsConnect
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Indeed, Redford is all but a shoo-in for a Globe nom but his awards season run might well end there – seems unlikely he’ll come anywhere close to matching his precursors for All Is Lost. I can actually still fathom Spacek popping up at SAG for the film, though.

For the finest in film reviews and awards analysis, please visit me at The Awards Connection!

AWDubay
    Participant
    Topics:

Indeed, Redford is all but a shoo-in for a Globe nom but his awards season run might well end there – seems unlikely he’ll come anywhere close to matching his precursors for All Is Lost. I can actually still fathom Spacek popping up at SAG for the film, though.

For the finest in film reviews and awards analysis, please visit me at The Awards Connection!

Its sad because how lovely would it be to see those two at all the awards 🙂

Andrewsart.etsy.com

Check out my online store 🙂

xrated48
    Participant
    Topics:

As it stands at the moment imo some I have seen some I’m spectulating.

1. Cooper- A Star Is Born

2. Mortensen- Green Book

3. Bale- Vice

4. Malek- Bohemian Rhapsody

5. Gosling- First Man

Anonymous
    Topics:

As it stands at the moment imo some I have seen some I’m spectulating. 1. Cooper- A Star Is Born 2. Mortensen- Green Book 3. Bale- Vice 4. Malek- Bohemian Rhapsody 5. Gosling- First Man

Yep, I think this will be the oscar lineup. Though Gosling could get snubbed, maybe.

AWDubay
    Participant
    Topics:

As it stands at the moment imo some I have seen some I’m spectulating.

1. Cooper- A Star Is Born

2. Mortensen- Green Book

3. Bale- Vice

4. Malek- Bohemian Rhapsody

5. Gosling- First Man

Im wondering if Malek will be snubbed for Ethan hawke

Andrewsart.etsy.com

Check out my online store 🙂

Vincent Yeoh
    Participant
    Topics:

As I’ve already mentioned, thanks or maybe no thanks to political correctness, a snub for Malek would again bring up the stupid argument of Oscars being “so white”. Malek’s inclusion is thankfully not tokenism, because he does deserve his spot.

sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

As I’ve already mentioned, thanks or maybe no thanks to political correctness, a snub for Malek would again bring up the stupid argument of Oscars being “so white”

Why? We have many other POC contenders who are actually in much more acclaimed movies. Crazy Rich Asians cast, Viola Davis, Cynthia Erivo, Daniel Kaluuya, John David Washington, Stephen James, and so many more people are contending for nominations while Regina King is all but guaranteed a win in Supporting Actress category. A snub for Malek would mean NOTHING in the grand scheme of racial connotations it has.

sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

On another note, the chances of Viggo Mortensen winning are basically canceled. No way the rival campaigns let go of this during the voting process.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/race/viggo-mortensen-says-sorry-using-n-word-q-a-1159813

Anonymous
    Topics:

On another note, the chances of Viggo Mortensen winning are basically canceled. No way the rival campaigns let go of this during the voting process.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/race/viggo-mortensen-says-sorry-using-n-word-q-a-1159813

M: The Original
    Participant
    Topics:

This controversy benefits Ali unless a strong alternative manifest.

Hinrich689
    Participant
    Topics:

We’ll still see if this really blows up and hurts his chances. Right now it’s still small news.

It’s odd and concerning that Viggo said the word tho. Like was he left out of the liberal Hollywood movement?

Vincent Yeoh
    Participant
    Topics:

Again, an actor’s skills and abilities are being assessed based on his off-screen speech and behavior. If this had been the standard historically, many of our greatest leaders and artists would have been banished into the abyss of oblivion.

FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

I saw Boy Erased last night and WOW! In my opinion Lucas Hedges deserves the Best Actor Oscar, SAG, HFPA, all the awards – it’s an amazing, fully realized, beautiful, haunting performance. I get that it is unlikely to happen – nowadays a performance is less important than made up “buzz” which favors inferior performances year after year. Boy Erased is a smaller film, more like Ordinary People and the types of movies that got nominated and sometimes won awards in the 1970’s, 1980’s and 1990’s.

Hedges plays this role in a way that makes us understand his feelings and emotions at every moment. He has chemistry with all of his co-stars and is part of a terrific ensemble. (I would love for this cast to get a SAG ensemble nomination; not sure it can happen but it certainly deserves it). Joel Edgerton is an actor turned director for this film and he understands actors and has done a great job with all of them. The thing that hurts this movie now where it wouldn’t have been hurt back in the late 20th century is that it will get a lack of guild nominations – likely only getting a writing nomination if it is eligible (not sure if it will be due to Australian financing and the fact that Edgerton is Australian).

Lucas Hedges is my #1 for Best Actor for 2018. I am looking forward to Ben Is Back too.

sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

Again, an actor’s skills and abilities are being assessed based on his off-screen speech and behavior. If this had been the standard historically, many of our greatest leaders and artists would have been banished into the abyss of oblivion.

The police don’t say “anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law” for nothing. Except in his case, it is a court of public opinion he could overcome this but if a video surfaces he is pretty much done for the win, which is unfortunate because he was the one I was rooting for and the most deserving to be called an Oscar winner among the top contenders.

This controversy benefits Ali unless a strong alternative manifest.

Ali is winning with or without this controversy.

We’ll still see if this really blows up and hurts his chances. Right now it’s still small news.

When the nominees are announced it will come to bite him.

Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 505 total)

The topic ‘Best Actor 2019’ is closed to new replies.