Home Forums Music 2020 Grammys

2020 Grammys

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 80 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
1 hour ago
replies
views
users
M
Os Rodrigues
Gucci
  • Shivam
    Participant
    Topics:

Confirmed releases by past nominees so far:

-Imagine Dragons, “ORIGINS”
    -Clean Bandit, “TBA”
    -The Lion King OST
    -Eric Clapton, “Happy Xmas”
    -Quavo, “Quavo Huncho”
    -Elle King, “Shake the Spirit”
    -Disturbed, “Evolution”
    -John Legend, “A Legendary Christmas”
    -Muse, “Simulation Theory”
    -Mumford & Sons, “Delta”
    -Michael Buble, “Love”
    -Kanye West, “Yhandi”

Feel free to add more

Alessia Cara, “The Pains of Growing”
    Anderson.Paak, Oxnard
    Ella Mai, Ella Mai

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

Lmao she had the biggest streaming first week for a pop album EVER, did more than 110k pure (which in this era is a good amount) and broke a shit ton of records. And again, the album got critically acclaimed. If you didn’t like it then that’s on you. You can keep listening to Lady Gaga and fighting with anyone who disagrees with you lol

Lol. When people call an album a flop it doesn’t necessarily relate to sales. ARTPOP for example sold 280k copies or smth in its first week? with its lead single being #12 on the year end charts? (NTLTC will probably not chart that high), yet it was called a flop, just because of the messy era overall.

Same goes for sweetener. It had a good lead single okay. But that doesn’t mean the album was good. It was bad. And nothing wrong with it. Perhaps she can learn from it and make better albums in the future.

ReplyCopy URL
    Os Rdgs
    Participant
    Topics:

ARTPOP was a flop because it plummeted down the charts quickly and because it wasn’t as succesful as her last eras. Sweetener is Ariana’s first/second biggest era and is still top 20 on Billboard (was in the top 10 last week). Next.

PS: once again: your opinion is not valid when the album got acclaimed and got major GP love.

ReplyCopy URL
    Gucci
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, you got your damn nose so far up Lady Gaga’s ass. ARTPOP was a complete and utter flop. Accept it!

ReplyCopy URL
    DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

<p>ARTPOP was a flop because it plummeted down the charts quickly and because it wasn’t as succesful as her last eras. Sweetener is Ariana’s first/second biggest era and is still top 20 on Billboard (was in the top 10 last week). Next.</p> <p>PS: once again: your opinion is not valid when the album got acclaimed and got major GP love.</p>

Isn’t Sweetener actually Ariana’s least successful album so far? Her debut sold a lot of copies, Dangerous Woman did well in streaming, and My Everything has a good combination of both sales and streaming.

Regardless, it’s not a flop.

HOW exactly is this relevant to the 2020 Grammys, though? Sweetener is competing this year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Os Rdgs
    Participant
    Topics:

<p>Isn’t Sweetener actually Ariana’s least successful album so far? Her debut sold a lot of copies, Dangerous Woman did well in streaming, and My Everything has a good combination of both sales and streaming.</p> <p>Regardless, it’s not a flop.</p> <p>HOW exactly is this relevant to the 2020 Grammys, though? Sweetener is competing this year.</p>

It has bigger top 10s than DW and Yours Truly, and was her biggest first week. But I agree, it belongs nowhere here. And I don’t know why I bother to argue with a gaga stan

ReplyCopy URL
    na digga
    Participant
    Topics:

Why the tf is this a topic of conversation if Adele releases anything it automatically because the Adele show

Album of the year
    Record/song of the year
    Pop album
    Pop song is hers right now there’s no point in nominating anyone else or even discussing it.

However for the rest of the categories
    Especially r&b things look packed

Ella mai is releasing
    Beyonce is Atleast releasing something from lion king
    Rihanna is definitely releasing
    Normani’s debut album
    I think kehlani will drop something

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

It has bigger top 10s than DW and Yours Truly, and was her biggest first week. But I agree, it belongs nowhere here. And I don’t know why I bother to argue with a gaga stan

I’m not a stan actually, because I’m not being delusional. Both albums flopped. Staying in TOP20 two months after album release isn’t a big deal. ARTPOP did too:

http://www.billboard.com/charts/billboard-200/2014-01-04

Sweetener is just an album of two okay songs + pile of songs none of which is single-worthy. If it was such a nice successful era, why is she trying to move on so quickly?

Either way, this is not related to 2020 grammys (only her new album is). So I won’t be discussing this further.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

If The Lion King remake gets AOTY over the original movie’s soundtrack, I will puke.

FYC: Ready Player One. Sound Editing, Sound Mixing, Visual Effects, Original Score, Production Design, Director and BEST PICTURE (make it happen Oscars!!)

ReplyCopy URL
    RebelQuad
    Participant
    Topics:

Maybe Sweetener didn’t do as well because her relationships overshadowed her album. I think her next album might have a chance if she works with somebody other than Pharrell.

ReplyCopy URL
    neverkneel
    Participant
    Topics:

I also saw a few articles claiming Adele will release her next album next summer. I don’t know if it’s true or not but if it is, it will obviously be Adele’s year.

Muse’s Simulation Theory will be out next month. They won Best Rock Album for their last album, so Simulation Theory will be one of the contenders for that category already.

ReplyCopy URL
    Harmon Van deth
    Participant
    Topics:

Whatever Adele submits will be nominated and will win.

ReplyCopy URL
    Os Rdgs
    Participant
    Topics:

Ella Mai’s self-titled debut is such a gem. I hope she can score a Best Urban Contemporary Album nod next year. She surely will show up in R&B Song with Trip (if she choses to submit that song next year).

ReplyCopy URL
    Gucci
    Participant
    Topics:

If Adele releases in the summer, GAME OVER!

ReplyCopy URL
    JasonLannister
    Participant
    Topics:

<p>If The Lion King remake gets AOTY over the original movie’s soundtrack, I will puke.</p>

It’ll be interesting to see if now with 8 spots they’ll include a soundtrack. If they do this year, next cycle Lion King will definitely stand a chance.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 80 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.